The good news is that Petrochemical and Refining companies, which operate in highly competitive market, have implemented new and more sophisticated software-based control systems to optimise the operations of their installations.
The bad news is that the management processes, procedures and systems required to effectively manage this state-of-the-art hardware and software have often not kept pace with adoption of these new systems. The result? Many companies do not meet their regulatory and compliance obligations and are at increased risk of extended downtime due to poor software management.
Whether the refinery processes oil, gas or chemicals, the capacity to manage and secure the process control software used to operate it is critical.
With its ability to ensure compliance, safeguard process control software assets, and speed disaster recovery, the Asset Guardian software solution is the answer.
At AGSL, we know the Petrochemical and Refining industry
Working with major oil and gas companies on their onshore and offshore processing facilities means that we offer expertise gleaned from experience. Over the years, we have worked for Woodside Energy and many more.
The Petrochemical and Refining industry is increasingly aware of the potential of corruption to process control software, especially risks associated with Cybersecurity. What is less recognised is the risk of software corruption caused unintentionally or maliciously by “insiders”. Reports estimate this to be as high as 43% of all occurrences.
Asset Guardian provides a proven solution that assists companies to minimise disruption and safely restore plant operations to their pre-attack status.
Why operators rely on the Asset Guardian Solution
- Extensive Oil and Gas industry knowledge and experience
- Used by major industry operators
- Ensures compliance with regulations, such as IEC 61508, 61511 and ISO 9001
- Manages and secures process software used to control processes that affect projects and operations
- Intuitive and easy to learn
- Scalable to meet a wide range of applications including the requirements of other non-process control-related disciplines, such as Electrical, Mechanical and others
- Field-proven = low risk
AGSL, with its years of experience, knowledge of process control systems and global “blue chip” client base, offers customers complete support, including:
- Supply and installation of Asset Guardian software
- System configuration support
- Software customisation to meet individual requirements
- Assisting with the data migration from existing electronic systems to Asset Guardian
- Software “hosting” and system management
- Training in the classroom and/or online via computer-based training (CBT)
- Auditing of corporate procedure and processes (GAP analysis)
- Onsite services – software validation/verification and backup of installed process software
- Compilation of Asset Register
- Ongoing maintenance and support of Asset Guardian.