Managing new and Ageing Power Generation plants
Whether the fuel used is Natural Gas, residual Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) or Biomass, power generation plants demand robust security.
The safe operation of Industrial Automation and Control Systems (IACS) software poses unique challenges for the industry, including the ability to predict – and prepare for – potential failures and loss of revenue.
The challenges facing owners and operators of power generation plants include:
- The need to continually achieve high plant availability and efficiency.
- Demonstrating compliance with the strict EU Industrial Emissions Directive (IED) and the Network & Information Systems (NIS) Regulations .
- Managing cyber vulnerabilities and the risk of malicious cyber-attack or accidental corruption of software.
- Management of Change (MOC) applied to software and the configuration of control systems.
- Backing up and securing software and systems data to facilitate prompt disaster recovery.
- Managing the obsolescence of systems and components and developing strategies in accordance with IEC 62402, the international standard for Obsolescence Management to maintain the cost-effective operation and security of ageing assets.
Power generation plants operate within highly competitive markets where process efficiency and high plant availability can provide significant competitive advantage. At the same time, plant owners and operators are required to demonstrate compliance with various industry standards and government regulations.
Maintaining the security and integrity of Operations Technology (OT) systems is crucial to business continuity.
Asset Guardian has a proven track-record of helping energy companies worldwide to manage and safeguard their Industrial and Automation Control systems (IACS) assets.
AGSL has supplied software, provided consultancy, audits and training services to customers throughout the energy chain for more than 20 years. We offer expertise and problem-solving capabilities gained through hands-on experience.
Owners and Operators have chosen Asset Guardian for a variety of reasons:
- To help ensure compliance with regulations, such as IEC 61508, IEC 61511, IEC 62443, IEC 62402, ISO 9001 and Security of Network & Information Systems (NIS) Regulations.
- To manage and secure process control software throughout the life-cycle of a plant, from the project development stage to operations and maintenance to decommissioning.
- Asset Guardian is intuitive and easy to use across an organisation.
- Asset Guardian provides a wide range of functions for the management of assets including the requirements of other non-process-control related disciplines, including Electrical and Mechanical..
- Asset Guardian has been continually developed by control system engineers who understand the challenges faced by our customers
Services Offered by AGSL Include:
- Supply of Asset Guardian software.
- Provision of installation and configuration support.
- Customisation of the software to reflect a customer’s internal processes and procedures.
- Assisting with the data migration from existing electronic systems to Asset Guardian.
- Training in the classroom and/or remote computer-based training.
- Auditing of corporate and plant procedures and processes (GAP analysis).
- Ongoing maintenance and support of the Asset Guardian software.
- Software “hosting” and system management, if required.
- Periodic inspections and auditing services
- Software validation and verification
- System software backups