The Azeri field with estimated recoverable reserves of 3 billion barrels forms part of the Azeri, Chirag and Deep Water Ganashli (AGS) PSA. The Azeri field development involved 4 new offshore facilities, a major terminal expansion @ Sangachal and over 600km of subsea pipelines.
AIOC required an auditable electronic system to manage all hardware and software configuration changes to programmable based control and safety systems supplied by automation vendors, following Factory Acceptance Testing. The system required the capability to manage all Caspian Projects, regardless of location, (Baku, Sangachal, London & St Neots) – meet the needs of engineering, operations, commissioning and vendors up to the point of handover to operations – be operated from a central file server and comply with BP’s stringent “Change Control” procedures.
- Customise Asset Guardian Version 3 to meet full compliance with above BP requirements, including weekly/monthly SCR’s status reporting.
- Provide an initial 16 off Asset Guardian licences, giving access to BP personnel across all project locations.
The solution successfully managed for Phases I and II :-
- 724 software entries
- 989 implemented, change requests (SCR)
- Continues to be used by Caspian Project teams on Phase III
- Based on the ‘Caspian’ success, Asset Guardian use has expanded to include new BP developments in
- Angola, Alaska and BP Pipelines Oklahoma