To provide an online system for managing and tracking changes made by offshore staff to hardware and software by onshore engineering staff. Project initial focus was on ‘Deep Blue’ the most advanced ultra-deepwater reeled pipelay and subsea construction vessels in the industry.
- To provide, configure and install initially 3 off Asset Guardian licenses. The software was installed on Technip’s servers based in Aberdeen UK, allowing integration with Technip’s ‘IT’ Corporate system security.
- Connection between the vessel and Aberdeen office was achieved via a standard satellite broadband connection.
- The ‘online’ system supplied, semi-automatically, tracks, backs up, guards and protects every aspect and change within an organisation including software, documents, correspondence and hardware configuration of revisions.
- Prior to AG being installed tracing offshore software or hardware changes by onshore staff took days, sometime weeks now its simultaneous with offshore.
- All changes are recorded and held at a central point, allowing for quick and easy access to restore the system by offshore and onshore staff.
- Provides an effective ‘tool’ in terms of software disaster recovery and recording hardware configuration, also supporting Technip Quality Assurance.
- Based on the success of the ‘Deep Blue’ project, the system will now be expanded to include Technip’s latest new dive support vessel, Skandi Arctic, the first ship to have a computer-controlled diving system.
Written by Asset Guardian Solutions Ltd.