Companies operating in the Marine and Maritime industries have implemented new and more sophisticated software-based control systems to optimise the operations of their assets and create competitive advantage.
It is also the case, however, that the management processes, procedures and systems required to effectively manage this state-of-the-art hardware and software have not always kept pace with adoption of these new systems. The result? Many companies do not meet their regulatory and compliance obligations and are at increased risk of extended downtime due to poor software management.
Global connectivity is key. Because they operate vessels and equipment across the globe, these companies must be able to synchronise files remotely from bases onshore with those operating offshore. In today’s Marine industry, the cargo ship operator in Rotterdam must use the same files and data as those being used onboard its vessels, whether they are headed for Brazil or navigating through the Indian Ocean.
With its ability to ensure compliance, safeguard process control software assets, and speed disaster recovery, Asset Guardian is the answer.
At AGSL, we know the Marine industry
Working with Marine industry-based companies, such as Technip and Stena Drilling, means that we offer expertise gleaned from experience.
The Marine industry is increasingly aware of the potential of corruption to process control software, especially risks associated with Cybersecurity. What is less recognised is the risk of software corruption caused unintentionally or maliciously by “insiders.” Reports estimate this to be as high as 43% of all occurrences.
Asset Guardian provides a proven solution that assists companies to minimise disruption and safely restore operations to their pre attack status.
Why Marine companies rely on AGSL
- Industry knowledge based on experience.
- Solution used by major companies across many industry sectors
- Assists companies to comply with industry standards, codes and regulatory obligations, such as IEC 61508, 61511, ISO 9001 and IMCA QA/QC guidelines
- Manages and secures process software used to control processes that affect projects and operations
- Intuitive and easy to learn
- Scalable to meet a wide range of applications including the requirements of other non-process control-related disciplines, including such Electrical, Mechanical and others
- Field-proven = low risk
With its years of experience, AGSL has extensive knowledge of process control systems and provides its global “blue chip” client base complete customer support, including:
- Supply and installation of Asset Guardian software
- System configuration support
- Software customisation to meet individual requirements
- Assist with the data migration from existing electronic systems to Asset Guardian
- Software “hosting” and system management
- Training in the classroom and/or online via computer-based training (CBT)
- Auditing of corporate procedure and processes (GAP analysis)
- Ongoing maintenance and support of Asset Guardian
- Compilation of Asset Register
- Software validation/verification
- System software back-up of installed process software
- Ongoing maintenance and support